Saturday, October 12, 2013

Hour 13 Mini-Challenge: Best of 2013


The Hour 13 Mini Challenge is hosted by Lisa's World of Books.  It's a Best of 2013 challenge where she is challenging us to pick at least three categories and share our favorite book of the year and why.  So here are my choices:

Best Book of Your Reading Year
 A Little Too Far by Lisa Desrochers
Oh my gosh! This book is just so great on so many levels.  The characters, the plot, the sort-of-taboo.  The way things work out in the end.  I just loved every bit of it and cannot wait for the next in the series.  Lisa did it in YA and she can do it in New Adult as well.  She has a real gift for sucking you into the story and making you care.  The emotions I went through while reading this were just everywhere and that was great.

Best Romance Book of Your Reading Year

Chance of a Lifetime by Jodi Thomas
Jodi takes us back to Harmony, Texas for a new installment in this series and it seems to keep getting better.  Love the small town, love getting to know each of the characters better. Love knowing there will be side stories.  And I loved the love stories between Emily & Tannon and Rick and Trace.  Jodi creates magic with each book!
Best YA Book of Your Reading Year:
 Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
These authors just created such a new paranormal world that I could not help but be sucked in.  I loved the southern gothic element and the characters are fascinating.  I have blown through all but the last book and I'm holding out on it because I don't want the series to end!

Best New Adult Book of Your Reading Year
  Saving Grace by Christine Zolendz
I read Fall From Grace at the end of the year and this is one of my first books of the new year, but I loved this series.  The characters, the rock band, the hotness and the surprise aspect all had me hooked.  If you haven't read this series then you need to!
Best Mystery Book of Your Reading Year

Best Fiction Book of Your Reading Year
 And Then I Found You by Patti Callahan Henry
I loved this heartfelt book of a woman's struggle of giving up a child, finding herself back near the man she ran from and possibly finding the child again.  It was riveting and emotional and based on life events.  It was just amazing.

Best Cover of Your Reading Year

 Breathe by Abbi Glines
For some reason this cover just really got me, the colors, the hot torso, the guitar.  It's everything the book is and it really draws you in.

Best Character You Love To Have of Your Reading Year
 
 Though he was a secondary character who I think will get his book in the next in the series, the one man I really fell for so far this year was Shep from Undeniable by Shannon Richard.  He just sounds hot and like such a bad boy trying to do right, I cannot wait to get to know him more!

Best Setting of Your Reading Year
 Harmony, Texas from Chance of a Lifetime by Jodi Thomas.  I hope she has more and more books set here beause I could never tire of the town's residents, whether they are longstanding or new ones and just the setting of the town itself.  I love this series!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love comments on the blog and do take the time to read them.